Tuesday, May 02, 2006

11-14

Due to a combination of jury duty, final exams, and Blogger only working when it wants to, I've got no real post about last night's thrilling come from behind winner over Dontrelle Willis and the Florida Marlins. It's a real shame because the last three innings were damn exciting. The guilt of having no time to say anything original about the game may actually be a good thing for the handful of people that read this thing - you are now officially spared from my post-game commentary and invited to check out Balls, Sticks, & Stuff's wonderful entry about the game that some are calling the biggest win of the year. It sums up the way a lot of Phillies fans surely felt while watching the game...plus those win probability charts never cease to entertain.

Oh yeah, dull night in the minors too - when even I don't have much to say about the Phillies farm system on a given night, you know it was dull. Today should be better with Gio Gonzalez and Cole Hamels both taking the mound. Go to MiLB.com to listen to Hamels' start at 2:00 EST.

AAA Scranton-WB

  • Carlos Ruiz: 0-3, BB, K, E (1, catcher interference)
  • Chris Roberson: 0-4, K
  • Josh Kroeger: 0-3, 2 K
  • Danny Sandoval: 1-4, RBI, K, E
  • Brennan King: 0-4, K
  • Angel Chavez: 1-3, R
  • Chris Coste: 1-3, HBP

  • David Kelton (Braves): 1-4, K

AA Reading

  • Michael Bourn: 0-2, removed from game after failing to run out a bunt attempt
  • Tim Moss: 1-3, 3 RBI, SB, K
  • Jason Jaramillo: 0-4, K
  • Bryan Hansen: 1-4, 2B, RBI, 3 K

  • Daniel Haigwood: 5 IP 4 H 4 R 3 ER 2 BB 7 K

High A Clearwater

  • Mike Costanzo: 1-6, RBI, 2 K
  • Brad Harman: 2-5, R, E (13)
  • Tuffy Gosewisch: 1-5, R, 3 K

  • Julio De La Cruz: 4 IP 2 H 1 R 0 ER 5 BB 2 K

Low A Lakewood

  • Greg Golson: 1-4, R, K
  • Welinson Baez: 0-3, BB, K, E (first BB of season)
  • Lou Marson: 1-4, K
  • Jeremy Slayden: 2-4, 2B, K
  • Clay Harris: 2-4, 2B, RBI, R
  • Sean Gamble: 0-4, 2 K
  • Carlos Carrasco: 6 IP 4 H 2 ER 2 BB 6 K
  • Brett Harker: 1 IP 0 H 0 ER 0 BB 1 K

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Well the Braves and Phillies seem to win and lose together as of late. I've also had some trouble with Blogger. I missed a post one day last week because I lost my connection with the server, I couldn't even save it as a draft. Do you play fantasy baseball? This is the first year I've tried it out. One thing that sucks is that hardly anybody will trade with you, or they want a huge return. I recently traded Dunn for Rollins, cause I needed a solid SS. Plus the fact that I also have Fielder at 1B, who's doing really good right now. Anyway enough rambling...

2:13 PM  
Blogger XXX said...

I just lost a long comment response because of Blogger...figures. Anyway, the shortened version is this: this is my second year doing fantasy baseball, giving up Dunn for Rollins must have been tough but I always approve of adding more Phillies, I actually have both Dunn and Fielder on my roster this year (Fielder is making us both look real smart with his great start), and I have representatives of every NL East team on my roster at the moment (D. Wright from the Mets, J. Willingham and J. Hermida from the Marlins, N. Johnson from the Nats, B. McCann from the Braves, and B. Abreu from the Phils)

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home