Monday, October 31, 2005

Today's Paper

David Montgomery in today's Inquirer:

On old school vs. new school:


"If you're young, you're more into statistics. If you're older, you're more into the head and feel. I actually think that it's a hybrid of those two situations. Gerry and I talked at length about this. I don't think the needle should point all one way or the other. I think, shame on you in this day and age if you don't use statistics to evaluate. But shame on you if you don't take a look at a person and try to know everything you can about them before you sign them as an amateur or before you trade for them or whatever. I think there's great value in each. There are a lot of theories there."

Doesn't this make a lot of sense? It may seem extremely obvious, but so many people fail to grasp it. Montgomery gets it. Maybe there is some hope after all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home