Monday, April 03, 2006

Game 1

It's not the end of the world - no matter how ugly it was (and it was ugly), it still only counts as one game in a season made up of 162. The news of the day wasn't all bad either as SS Jimmy Rollins extended his hit streak to 37 games. In the midst of a really bad game, his 8th inning at bat and subsequent double down the right field line made for a good moment.

There's another game on Wednesday, by the way, and then 160 games after that...I know preaching patience is damn annoying and no fun, but it's all I can muster up after a ballgame like that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, I would just like to say what a great job you do with this blog; I come here first for all my Phils news. I watched about half of that train wreck in S. Philly today and I would have to agree with you that it was ugly but it was just the first game in a long season and they did play the best team in the NL, so I actually walk away feeling ok, not great but not exactly doomsday yet. I saw some promising things out of the offense, mainly Rowand having a good start, Utley had a tremendous game, Burrell got off to a good start, enough good stuff happened to make me feel pretty optimistic, not quite world series optimistic but wild card optimistic.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

I'm rooting for Rollins to break the record. He seems like a cool guy.

3:19 PM  
Blogger XXX said...

oper33 - Thanks so much for the kind words, I really appreciate it. Good analysis too - Rowand, Utley, and Burrell were all positives yesterday - I'd add Geary's contributions to the list as well.

braveswin - It agree that it would be nice to see Rollins keep this thing going...I just hope you are still feeling so generous on Monday when JRoll heads to Atlanta looking to keep the streak alive (should be at 43 by then...hopefully).

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home