Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Trade Winds

The latest:

Phillies deal OF Aaron Rowand and either RP Ryan Madson or SP Gavin Floyd to the White Sox for SP Freddy Garcia, SP Mark Buerhle, or SP Javy Vazquez...of those three, I think the most likely to be involved in a deal with the Phillies is Garcia by a long shot

This deal works in tandem with this happy little trade over here:

Phillies deal SP Jon Lieber to the Brewers for either OF Kevin Mench or OF Geoff Jenkins and either RP Jose Capellan or RP Derrick Turnbow

Potentially this would be the Input/Output (I used the most likely players involved for the sake of the example):

In - Garcia, Out - Lieber
In - Mench, Out - Rowand
In - Capellan, Out - Floyd

It is kind of a lateral move in some respects, but one that I think I would endorse. Now the question is simple - will it happen?

3 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Ah, one of those if this happens then that happens scenarios. The CWS are really wanting Rowand back. Rowand and Thome after being dealt for each other, could end up on the same team? Like what happened last week, Adam Kennedy was traded for Edmonds and now Kennedy is back with St. Louis. I think it's funny when that happens.

Either way, I like those deals for the Phillies. New faces in new places.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say that Garcia for Lieber is a lateral move. IMO it's a significant upgrade.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would rather have Kane Kalas on the Phils than Kane Davis...what a voice!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home