Friday, November 17, 2006

Baseless Rumors

Between getting my computer back up to speed, writing 2o page papers, and making Thanksgiving travel plans it's been a bit touch and go around this site as of late. I do have two unsubstantiated rumors to pass along:
  1. The Phillies and Rockies continue to talk about a possible Aaron Rowand deal. Some of the names being thrown out by the Rockies include SP Aaron Cook and C Yorbit Torrealba. This seems very plausible to me.
  2. It's being reported here and there that the Phillies much talked about offer to free agent Alfonso Soriano (did they make an offer? didn't they? how much?) has now been upped to a six year, $98 million deal. I have no way of confirming whether or not this is true, but it seems less likely to be true than the Rowand rumor...though when it comes down to it, I think Soriano will either be a Phillie (35% shot) or an Angel (65%). We shall see...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Number 1 sounds good to me, if only because I love the way HK says "Yorbit Torrealba."

10:39 AM  
Blogger XXX said...

As good a reason as any, I say.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home