Friday, June 29, 2007

Question

Ryan Howard is the fastest man to ever play baseball to hit 100 homeruns in the major leagues. The man hit 100 homers faster than anybody else in the history of the sport and it's not even close...unless you consider a 60 game difference close. Damn...Howard is a tremendous power hitter, no doubt about it. As #100 sailed over the batter's eye in center, I got to thinking about Howard's future. Ryan Howard is 27 years old.

How many homeruns does he finish his career with? Any guesses?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few days ago I was thinking that he'd probably finish around 827...beating A-Rod's mark of 806.

4:52 PM  
Blogger GM-Carson said...

I see Ryan Howard hitting about 527 homeruns. It would be a higher total, but I can see him slowing down in a few seasons because of hit weight and inability to make adjustments in the batters box. I'm not so keen on Howard these days. I love homeruns, but I hate all the f'n strikeouts.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I predict about 500. He's 27, and probably has another 6 - 8 really productive years left. Unfortunately his nature is to wait so long to swing (as evidenced by the k's and the opposite field homers) and as the swing slows down with age, so too will his production. He won't be able to keep up the pace, but he'll be among the greats, certainly in Phillies history.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home