Sunday, December 25, 2005

From the Desk of Pat Gillick

Dear Robert,

On behalf of myself and the entire Phillies organization, I'd like to wish you and your family happy holidays and a healthy new year.
The holiday season is a time for giving thanks for what we have and reflecting on the year gone by. I started 2005 with one team - the Mariners - and ended it with another. As I recently told the Phillies' front office employees, I'm very thankful to have been given the opportunity here in Philadelphia and feel very much at home.
A lot of things have changed in my 25 years as a general manager, but the one thing that has remained the same is the fans. The heart of every organization is a loyal fan base and we thank you for your continued support.
On a personal note, Christmas came early for me and my wife Doris as our
daughter Kimberley gave birth to our first grandchild. I was fortunate enough to be in Tampa shortly after my grandson Cooper was born on December 15.
In closing, have a safe and happy holiday season and I look forward to meeting some of you at various Winter Tour stops in January.

Sincerely, Pat

Pat Gillick
General Manager
The Phillies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home