Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Game Two Preview

Game two of the Phillies-Cardinals three game set is tonight at 7:05...LHP Mark Mulder is set to face Phillies ace RHP Brett Myers. Big night for Pat Burrell and Jimmy Rollins tonight - both players have multi-hit games, Burrell hits a homer to right, and Rollins leads off the bottom of the first with a hit to end the suspense early (and I thank him for it). Just a hunch. Tonight's Phillies lineup:

SS Jimmy Rollins
CF Aaron Rowand
RF Bobby Abreu
LF Pat Burrell
2B Chase Utley
1B Ryan Howard
3B David Bell
C Mike Lieberthal
SP Brett Myers

In other, completely random and unrelated news...I caught a good bit of the Indians-White Sox game today (Indians won on Jason Michaels' fourth hit of the game in the 11th) and something odd stood out to me. Phillies fans have long lusted after former Red Sox catcher and current Indians backup Kelly Shoppach. Shoppach was a good prospect (still is, I guess, but he is quickly losing prospect status as he'll be 26 this month), but has never really did anything special for me. I'm a big fan of making comparisons between players (nothing hard and fast, just very rough comparisons for the sake of discussion really) and everything about Kelly Shoppach reminds me of former Phillies catcher (and current Braves backup) Todd Pratt. Pratt has had a good long career as a quality backup and spot starter...even though more is expected of Shoppach, I expect that is the career he'll settle into. Again, just a hunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home