Monday, February 26, 2007

Sethspeaks Speaks to Chris Coste

Sethspeaks.net has an exclusive interview with everybody's favorite underdog, Chris Coste. There is plenty of insight to be gleaned from the conversation, so I recommend checking it out here. In the meantime, some of the finer points:

Coste on leadership: Jimmy is a very vocal leader and could be considered the captain. Utley is an on the field leader and he makes everyone around him want to play at a higher level, kind of what Michael Jordan did for his teammates. Howard is on a level of his own. He is the guy that can take some pressure off the rest of the team because he is the guy that the other team will always focus on. He is also easy to root for because he always wears that big "Ryan Howard Smile." And the thing that I will respect about him is that he is a great person and teammate behind the scenes.

SethSpeaks: Back to the book, I know I am occasionally asked for an update on where you're at. Have you decided upon a publishing house yet, and is there a timetable for the release of your book?

Chris Coste: I recently signed a book deal with Random House Publishing for my autobiography. I am in the process of writing it and it will be released in spring training of 2008.

SethSpeaks: Have you set any goals for what you want to accomplish in spring training?

Chris Coste: STAY HEALTHY AND MAKE THE DAMN TEAM!!!!!

SethSpeaks: Have you set any goals for yourself for the 2007 season?


Chris Coste: I really want to be healthy the entire season because I know that even if I start out the season on the bench, I can work my way into a more important role, just the way I did last year.


The thought of Chris Coste sitting at his computer and pounding away "STAY HEALTHY AND MAKE THE DAMN TEAM!!!!!" in all caps greatly amuses me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home