Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Thanks MLB.TV

I knew I was going to miss the start of the Phillies-Braves Opening Day game yesterday at 1 o'clock due to reasons well beyond my control. I wasn't happy about this, but I accepted my fate and tried my best to move on. Rather than sulk about missing the first real, meaningful major league baseball game in 5 months, I decided to come up with a backup plan - not a very intricate nor an altogether original backup plan, but a backup plan nonetheless. See, one of the perks of MLB.TV is the archival game footage. Miss a game? No problem, just fire up MLB.TV and you can watch it at your leisure in it's entirety. That was my master plan. Avoid any news about the game all day, then come home and watch the archived game as if it were an opening night game rather than an opening day game.

Needless to say, my plan went kaboom. As of 7:30 last night, the video version of the game was still not archived yet. Me, being the impatient lad that I am, decided to just go ahead and listen to the archived game on the uploaded radio broadcast whilst I waited. I did everything I could to avoid seeing the score at MLB.com or MLB.TV or on the MLB.TV Gameday Audio screen I loaded...I literally held my hand over the computer screen so that all I could see where the necessary buttons to start the radio feed up.

Then, proving that I am not only impatient but also a dope, I let my guard down. I remembered that on archived games, MLB.TV is courteous enough to hide the box score from the viewer - you have click on it if you want to see it. Nice feature, right? Remembering this, I slowly let my hand descend from it's position perched alongside the monitor. And there it was...in the lower lefthand side of the MLB.TV screen, a list of highlights from the game I so desperately wanted to watch.

"Renteria's game-winner"

Now my love of baseball is surely well documented by now, so much so that I don't even need to go into it again. Keeping that in mind, there was still no way in hell that I was going to invest three plus hours of my life to watch a game with the eventual outcome already known to me..."Renteria's game-winner." I know life is all about the journey and not the destination, so there still would have been some enjoyment in watching the game...but I couldn't bring myself to do it. So instead of a recap of what looked like a pretty exciting opening day game, all I can provide is the whiny tale of how I didn't get to watch the game. Lucky you!

I do realize that there has to be some humor in the fact that the longest post I've written in months just so happens to be one giant annoying string of complaint after complaint. But now that I have all of that off of my chest, I think I'm ready for some quick season preview stuff along with predictions. So keep an eye out for that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous google said...

Quelle est la taille de la source de ces grandes données? google Quelle quantité de données puis-je obtenir, car je soupçonne กูเกิล que ce contenu substantiel a été supprimé de la base de données?

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home